Oh Christmas Tree!

Monday, December 3, 2018
I saw this super cute cooperative Christmas Tree project on Pinterest and HAD TO TRY IT! It was super easy to set up and gave each student a chance to get creative!





Supplies I used....
1. Three different shades of green card stock paper
2. Ribbon, I used silver and red because that is what I had
3. Glitter Foam (Cut into small pieces for ornaments)
4. Colored circle stickers, construction paper, random sequins from the craft bin
6. GLITTER. SO. MUCH. GLITTER.

The first thing I did was take the 8 ½ by 11 construction paper and cut each piece into triangles. All I did was measure 4 ¼ inches at the top of each page and made a small dot, then connected the dot to the bottom corners of the page. Annnndd whaalaa! Perfect Triangles for this tree! I gave each student a triangle to decorate, went over expectations, and modeled how to use the objects provided. After that, I told them to get creative and make a beautiful tree!

I absolutely love how each student’s unique artistic style is displayed as we all worked together to create one stunning project!

I also LOVED that I was able to fit so much academic “stuff” into this one project! Fine motor skills, colors, shapes, measurement, patterns, team work, and more! The best part, it only took about 50 minutes from start to finish! I highly recommend this project!

What are some of your favorite Christmas Crafts? I’m always looking for fresh ideas!

Happy crafting,
Jessie

No comments

.

.